Saturday, August 23, 2014

Good Morning

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12749577/?claim=dus4pvru2pg">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

We from 4homesoup are in different parts of the world. Three of us are in the USA, but have never actually met (yet) and one (that would be me) is in the Netherlands. We've met through a design forum on the internet and usually start the day with posting a lovely virtual breakfast for each other.

Does that sound odd?

It isn't. Really. It's just a nice way to start the day. Brings a smile to our faces. Generally we post images of where we're enjoying our virtual breakfast that day, can be anywhere in the world, and one or two images of what's on the table (often including the recipe(s)), and maybe we enclose a lovely image of a bunch of flowers or another pretty picture.
Fortunately we can choose the weather in our virtual world. Usually it's sunny and warm. Especially in summer. Never a depressing grey and drizzly day in our imaginary world.

Our virtual breakfast of course is always delicious. We think. Well, at least it always looks delicious.

Today we're enjoying our virtual breakfast in a lovely garden somewhere.

Lovely garden gate, found here

And I've virtually cooked a 'poached' egg, on mashed avocado on rye toast. Found the recipe and the gorgeous photo on a blog called Drizzle and Dip.

The egg isn't poached in very lightly boiling water as you would normally poach an egg, but it's microwaved. I know! How easy does that sound?! Why haven't I tried it yet? My husband baked a cake yesterday and used up all the eggs, but if the chickens lay eggs today I will try this microwave method and will let you know how that worked. Who knows, it may be my lunch. Fingers crossed.

go to the recipe

And of course, no day without coffee. Because that would be like something without something.

Coffee poster from Zazzle


ETA, the chickens let me down. No eggs today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carolina, Welcome to the blogging world! I'll look for your link next time I'm on my blog but, just thought I'd pop over and welcome you. Happy to have you at the party and hope you enjoy visiting and reading the blog @DearCreatives I look forward to getting to know you and have you sharing at the party. Theresa

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you (please be nice). We're moderating comments first. So if your comment disappears into space, it's hopefully on its way to our email.